Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Nothing is perfect, though we are getting close

Today, I came back to my office computer running Borland Developer Studio 2006. Currently, I am working on a VCL application for Win32, since BMW still has not even allowed .NET 1.1 projects for deployment. Who is crying for .NET 2.0 needs to be here already? Well, I would like that too, but anyway, back to the topic.

When I started up Delphi 2006 this morning and loaded my current project into the IDE it automatically loaded one of the forms. Okay, good so far, but where did all those non-visual components go?
Components missing


on the verge of panic, it is the RTM release I have installed, I clicked with my mouse into the form and "hey!" there they were.
Components are back


I have heard of this problem before, but never have seen it myself. So here I am, even being able to reproduce it with my project. So, I'll pack it up and will be going to QC it in the coming days.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete Goodwin said...

This was in Delphi 2005 and as a result I stopped using it. Nice to hear it's not fixed in Delphi 2006.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

Well, at least in BDS 2006 the non-visual-components show once you focus the form or any component on it. So it is not to bad, I'd say.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Pete Goodwin said...

I seem to remember getting stuck a few times as I couldn't get the non-visual components to display. I had to use the object treeview to get to them.

As you say, not too bad, but just another annoying feature in Delphi 2005.

The worst was the action manager popup window that I kept losing behind the IDE.

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Search WWW Search delphi-notes.blogspot.com