Sunday, December 04, 2005

Video Preview for the Community Welcome Page

As promised, with the launch of the Borland Developer Studio 2006 I am going to launch a second Welcome Page, as Community Release. Sadly, as the time of the Quality Assurance Team was very limited for the Welcome Page. That is why we are preparing a Welcome Page as Community Release.

It will take a little longer until you can actually download it, however, here I want to present the current features to you. This way you may actually have some more ideas on what you would like to see.

The video shows you the following areas:
  • Project view with detailed information about each recently opened project / project group
  • Newsfeed selection
  • Newsfeed summary view of all cached feeds
  • Integration of the BDN BabelCode service, which translates C# source code to Delphi.NET source code

Get a first look with this Camtasia Flash Video.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice.

I would like 2 things.

A favourites list of projects. ie ones that never disappear. These would be something I could add to myself.

And a way to clear all or remove items from the project detail view.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

I really like your first thought. Rest asured that I will not release it before that is added :-)

For the second one, JED already asked me to do that, so I guess I have to think of a way to do just that :-D

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks. I'm not sure I can wait :)

Is there any reason you can't release it now ? It looks pretty complete from the video

2:34 AM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

Any reason? Well, a few actually. Except those parts I've shown so far, nothing else works at this point. So I guess, yes, a little while longer you'll have to wait. But drop me an email at dwischnewski {at} gmail [dot] com, so you can preview it rather soon and maybe find a bug or two

9:42 AM  
Blogger Steve said...

Great work Daniel!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

A few more screen shots, this time your favorites are included. A little more polishing and the first testing version will be available.

http://delphi-notes.blogspot.com/2005/12/welcome-page-feature-favourite.html

4:45 PM  
Blogger Shawn Oster said...

Rockstar! I was just complaining on the newsgroups how the current welcome page is a bit... well... ghetto. I love what I'm seeing on the new welcome page though, very professional and clean looking. Can't wait to kick the tires on it.

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Search WWW Search delphi-notes.blogspot.com