Thursday, December 15, 2005

Welcome Page Feature: Favo(u)rite Projects

Hi, first off, the Welcome Page calls the "Favorites" as the American English does, not "Favourites" as in the British English. So let's see. I prepared four screen shots for you. The first shows the normal recent project detail page. Each project there has a link called Make me a Favorite.
Make me a Favorite

Sorry, it will not boost your sales among your client base, but the link will disappear once you click. At least something ;-)
I seem to be your Favorite

Well, the project detail page, I decided, will not be configurable, and therefore allways display the full information. However, since you usually know your favorite projects pretty well, the Favorite Page will not show all those details, but simply a list with each project and their last change date/time.
Two Favorites so far.

And, you can kick each favorites butt, by clicking on that [x] besides its name and it will not be a favorite any longer :-(
I am your only Favorite

The length of your favorite list is limited by your computers power only (and yours in scrolling through it). I am still thinking about some auto-ordering, either by names, or last access. We'll see.

And, did you notice Athene in the back, yes she made it into the page. :)

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't suppose we could have the directory either as a tooltip or under the favourites file name ?

I have different versions under source control and the only difference is the directory name.

2:40 AM  
Blogger JED said...

Looks excellent Daniel.

Although I'd like to have my directory structure on 1 line, not a line for each directory.

Is that possible?

cheers,
Jeremy

5:19 AM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

Hi John, I think I have found a suitable solution which will please you. I will check the path length. If the length is above (currently) 90 characters I will split it at all "\" and start putting it back together alternating last part and first part. Once I reach 70 characters again I fill in the middle with "\..\" thus shortening the maximum length a little. I think that should work.

6:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to ask Daniel,
where can I download this nice welcome page?

12:34 PM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

I will publish it as it will become available. First, some preperations with the BDN-server-farm will have to be made ;-)

And I will need to prepare some more features, too.

Estimated arrival at BDN is mid-January ;-)

12:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any news on this Daniel?
Looking forward... ;)

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Daniel.

You said that it will be avaialible on BDN in mid-January. We're almost in mid-February, but there's still nothing on BDN :) When's the next date? I can't wait to see it on my computer

1:40 PM  
Blogger Daniel "sakura" Wischnewski said...

Yes, it was planned that way, but things got side-tracked. It will be first publicly shown on February 18th at the Delphi-Days in Frankfurt/Mörfelden and published on February 20th on BDN. Mark those dates :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
Search WWW Search delphi-notes.blogspot.com